Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Yummy Breakfast Quesadilla


My favorite meal of the day is breakfast and one of my favorite foods is eggs. So it's no surprise when I stumbled across a breakfast quesadilla recipe I had to try it! I've made it twice in the past 4 days and it was delicious. There are so many different ingredients you can add to make these personalized although I kept it simple with ham, cheese and spinach. I'm not sure why I'm completely obsessed with eggs but I basically eat them everyday and if I could have them for every meal that would be fabulous. 

Some of the health benefits of eggs include reducing the risk of cancer (the yolk includes the nutrient Choline), antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin keep macular degeneration away, and they can shrink your waist! (source)

Ingredients:

2 Eggs
1 or 2 slices of ham
1 or 2 slices of cheese
A handful of spinach
2 small/medium sized tortillas
Salt
Pepper
Any other seasonings or add-ins you enjoy

First, prepare your scrambles eggs in a pan. I mixed 2 eggs with salt, pepper, garlic salt and onions in a small bowl then poured it into a pan greased with olive oil spray. 


When the eggs are done, place them in a small bowl on the side so you can use the same pan to make the quesadilla. 


I used 2 different frying pans for this recipe. I used the small one to make the eggs and the larger one for the actual quesadilla, but use whatever feels right for you! Place one tortilla on the pan then add some of the eggs.


Next add in the ham, cheese, spinach and whatever else you may want. Add the rest of the egg as well.


Top with the other tortilla and cook on both sides until they are crunchy but not burned.


When it's cooked to your liking, go ahead and serve! I paired mine with apples and peanut butter and a cup of coffee. 


Are you a fan of breakfast quesadillas? What do you put in yours? Let me know your thoughts on the post!

Xo,
Lynette

2 comments:

  1. yum! I often do omelettes (egg beaters or whites) instead of the tortilla, but either way, these are a great way of using up left-overs. I've done them with pulled pork, roasted veggies, almost anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I've never tried with pulled pork! I might switch it up soon. I usually stick to the same things for breakfast everyday haha

      Delete