Friday, January 11, 2013

BAKED Chicken Parm and Whole Wheat Pasta

The other night I had a craving for chicken parm and remembered I had posted a recipe I wanted to try on Pinterest. Since it was the weekend I had enough time to experiment with it. From now on, when I want a yummy Italian meal (I AM Italian after all so it happens often) this will be my go-to dinner. It's easy enough to decide on last minute and you probably have all the ingredients in the pantry already. 

Recipe credit goes to Skinny Taste.


Ingredients:  
  • 1 chicken breast (or 1 for everyone you're cooking for)
  • Seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
  • 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup marinara 
  • cooking spray

First preheat oven to 450° and spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray. I actually used parchment paper to keep the chicken from sticking to the baking sheet.

Next, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. *Note: Please notice that says Parmesan as I totally read it wrong and used mozzarella, luckily realizing before I added everything. In another bowl, melt the butter. 



 









Dip the chicken breast into the butter, then the breadcrumb mixture making sure the whole area is covered. Transfer to baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken. 


Spray with a little bit more oil then bake for about 20 minutes. Then turn the chicken over and bake for another 5.


Next, add the sauce and mozzarella cheese on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. 


I also made some whole wheat pasta with vegetables while the chicken was cooking.


When all is done, plate and serve. This meal goes great with some white wine!


How do you make chicken parm? Favorite recipes? Other tips and tricks you use to keep it healthy?

Xo,
Lynette

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! Looks like a nice delicious little dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soo good! I also couldn't believe all of that pasta is only 1 cup! Let me know if you make it and what you think :)

      Delete