Friday, January 18, 2013

Parmesan Chicken Bake

This is the most unhealthy thing I will post on my site, although there is a healthy alternative. It was just so damn good I have to share it. I did pair it with spinach (naturally) and a side of quinoa. I'm really looking forward to trying out some new, healthier than this, recipes this weekend to share with you. I got a really great cookbook over the holidays so maybe something out of there. For now, check out this delicious Parmesan chicken bake.

Recipe courtesy of My Kitchen Escapades.

At the risk of grossing everyone out, I limited the photos in this post :)


Ingredients:
*I used half of everything, making 3 servings
6 chicken breasts
1 C light mayonnaise or Greek yogurt 
1/2 c fresh Parmesan cheese, plus more for the top
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
Adaptions-I also added broccoli and mushrooms

I had to use light mayonnaise instead of yogurt because we didn't have any in the house, but this can be a healthy meal if you use the yogurt.

First, pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees and spray the inside of an appropriate sized baking dish.

Next, lay the chicken inside. In a separate bowl combine all additional ingredients (except broccoli and mushrooms). Spread the mixture over the chicken, making sure to cover all of the areas. Add extra Parmesan on top if desired. Toss in mushrooms and broccoli. 


Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes. Serve and enjoy!


Have you ever make a chicken and Parmesan recipe? What did you think?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment