Saturday, January 5, 2013

Winter Running Gear

A couple of weeks ago I posted some tips for running in the cold. Temperatures reached the high 20's this past week in NYC, so I wanted to share my favorite cold weather gear. I posted a photo on Twitter/Instagram last week and got some great feedback on my outfit so I'm going to break it down for you!



Jacket: If you didn't know already, I LOVE Gap Fit so naturally that's where most of this outfit is from. What  I enjoyed about this jacket was that it zipped up practically past my chin so I didn't need a scarf. I hate feeling tangled up in clothes. I did need to pull the strings to make the hood smaller but my neck stayed very warm.

Pants: Compression leggings are a must when it's cold out. I have 2 pairs of these and they are perfect. My legs are warm and I don't lose feeling in them when running through the wind. And they're super comfy, a plus in my book.

Sneakers: I wear the same shoes year round as well as socks. I know many of my runner friends switch over to compression socks or thicker ones but I seem to be just fine. Shocker since I'm the one who's ALWAYS cold!

Headband: You can't see it in this photo but I do have a headband on that goes over my ears. That is a must for me as my ears get super cold and red during the winter. This headband was perfect! Kept me warms and held my headphones in place. 

Watch: This was my first time testing out the Garmin Forerunner 10 and it seemed great to me! For this run I had the display on Time/Distance. I still have IT Band Syndrome so I wasn't interested in pace as much as not dying half way through. I know some of you had mixed feedback because you can't see more than 2 things on the display, but for someone who just loves running, fitness, etc, it's good for me!

Underneath my jacket I had on a tank top and a long sleeved running jersey. I also received an Under Armour compression shirt for the holidays that I wanted for snowboarding but works for running too. Also, I didn't wear gloves which was a mistake. Sometimes I give those thumb holes too much credit thinking they will keep my hands warm!

What's your favorite winter running gear? Brands you are loyal too? How many layers do you usually wear?

Xo,
Lynette

Ps. Check out Life's Better In Yoga Pants on Pinterest!





No comments:

Post a Comment