Monday, January 14, 2013

Brown Sugar Kielbasa with Onions and Apples

This has to be one of the most delicious meals I have ever tasted. I made it last weekend when I had enough time to cook and it was a hit with my family and everyone seemed to like the way it looked on Instagram/Facebook. This brown sugar kielbasa with onions and apples is sweet but not sweet enough that it's a turn off. And the meat was so yummy. Enjoy!

Recipe credit goes to Chin Deep.


Ingredients:
14 oz. kielbasa sausage
2 large onions, sliced thick
2 granny smith apples, cut into thick slices
2 Tablespoons butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon paprika
1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
fresh sage and thyme

I pretty much followed the ingredients on this to a T, no surprise twists today!

Before I even started doing anything I chopped all of the ingredients up.


Then heat up the butter in a large skillet. When it's all melted, add the onions and apples and cook on low (about 20 minutes) until the onions are carmelized.


Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the thyme and sage. Mix together to evenly combine.

Cover and cook on low for another 15 minutes or until food is heated thoroughly and the brown sugar has formed a syrupy glaze.


Then, plate and serve with fresh herbs. I paired this dish with brown rice and a spinach salad mix.


Let me know what you think!

Xo,
Lynette






2 comments:

  1. Definitely looks tasty!!! and possibly something even I can manage to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, it was really simple and delicious. Let me know if you decide to try it!

    ReplyDelete