Saturday, November 24, 2012

Quick Dinner: Quesadillas


After commuting home and squeezing in a quick yet effective workout, I rarely want to cook a 5 course meal. Something that is quick and easy (at least for me) is quesadillas. I try to jazz them up so it’s not the same old. In the recipe below I added some spinach and mushrooms to attempt to get more nutrients. Quesadillas are great when you don’t have much time and have to throw something together quick.

Ingredients:
1 Chicken breast
2 Small tortillas
Mozzarella cheese (shredded or chop your own)
Cheddar cheese (shredded or chop your own)
A handful of mushrooms
Spinach

1. Grill the chicken breast with your choice of seasoning. I used Mediterranean Herb by McCormick. When the chicken is almost finished, toss in the mushrooms. 


2. While the chicken is cooking start preparing your tortillas. Evenly distribute the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses on the bottom. I chose to chop my own up but shredded works just fine! Use your desired amount.


3. Top cheeses with the mix of chicken and mushrooms. 


4. Add spinach and top with cheese. 


5. Cover with the 2nd tortilla. I usually use my toaster oven to cook them on 350 degrees. Many people don't have a toaster oven/would prefer a regular oven. Pre-heat to 350 and use discretion as to when it's finished  Cheese should be gooey but the tortillas should not be burned.


6. Serve with a side of salsa and enjoy!


How do you like your quesadillas?What did you think of this post? Let me know in the comments. Also, follow Life's Better In Yoga Pants on Pinterest

Xo,
Lynette


No comments:

Post a Comment