Friday, November 9, 2012

I'm Not 100% Crazy



I hope everyone is having a fabulous week. I wanted to officially announce, mainly because now I can't back out, that I, Lynette, will be running a half marathon next year! 


I really look forward to sharing my training plans with you, my ups and downs and of course what I wear for my workouts! I know some readers out there have already completed half and whole marathons and I would love to hear your tips. Due to the stress of Sandy and Athena (yes, here in NY we now name our snowstorms) I plan on starting to train in January.

Some questions that could use some answering:

  • How far in advance did you start training?
  • Did you religiously stick to your plan? Feel guilty if you strayed?
  • How much did your diet change? Lately I've been hungry every hour of every day. If that continues this is going to be an issue!
  • Were there more discouraging runs than great ones?
  • What did you do for cross-training? (I know I'll be frequenting SLT and Flywheel)
  • Was training easier if you had a buddy?


E-mail me or let me know in the comments! Thanks :)

Xo,
Lynette

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I ran my first (and only so far) half marathon last year!! I did the Brooklyn one in May! It was awesome (I kind of died at the end, but thats another story) I started training in January- I was a new running so I just wanted to get out there- then in late Feb I officially started training. I followed a schedule, almost to a T. Which half are you doing??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of the tips! I'm hoping to get into the NYC Half...if I don't I'm going to look into other ones that are close to here.

      Delete