Friday, November 2, 2012

Homemade Easy Mac


Happy Friday! I’m still in shock that it’s November already and the holidays are right around the corner. But anyway.  I’ll admit, Easy Mac was a college staple for me. I’d put chicken nuggets or hot dogs in it, make it for a quick dinner before going out and always have some in the cabinets. Let’s get real, how unhealthy of me! Last week I discovered a recipe for mac and cheese that was homemade yet made the same way Easy Mac is. In my honest opinion, it was great! I added some chicken and green beans to it and voila, the perfect pre-race dinner without all the additives.

Needed: (I actually went by the recipe measurements for this one)
1/3 cup pasta (I used Nature’s Promise elbow macaroni)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used cheddar and mozzarella)
1 chicken breast
Chopped green beans

First combine the pasta and water in a large mug or bowl. Microwave on high for two minutes, then stir. Repeat this for at least 2 to 4 more minutes, stirring at each 2-minute interval.

[Chicken cooking]
[Chicken with green beans]











While that was going on I chopped up a chicken breast, added some seasoning and grilled it in a frying pan. When the chicken was almost done I added the green beans into the pan for a couple of minutes.

[Very little amount of milk and cheese]
[Just out of the microwave]











After the pasta is done cooking (taste to make sure) stir in the milk and cheese. Microwave for another minute then stir the cheese thoroughly and toss in the chicken and green bean mixture.

[The finished product]
And now you've got yourself some delicious mac and cheese!
Let me know what you think!
Xo,
Lynette

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that it's November already either! It's craziness. Why have I never thought to add chicken or veggies to mac and cheese?? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! It tastes so good and makes it slightly healthier (not really lol)

      Delete