Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Delicious Apple Mallow Sweet Potato Bake

If you are a lover of sweet potatoes and apples then look no further. I have got the best Thanksgiving side dish that the whole family, including kids, will love. Between the potatoes and marshmallows  I can't decide what I liked more. The Apple Mallow Sweet Potato Bake is easy to make, doesn't take up too much time and is great if it's your first time cooking for Thanksgiving. Start making your own traditions now! Below is the recipe provided from Allen's vegetables.

[Courtesy of RMD Advertising/Allen's Vegetables]

Apple Mallow Sweet Potato Bake 

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Apples, sliced
1/3 cup Pecans, chopped
2 15 oz. cans Princella or Sugary Sam Cut Sweet Potatoes, drained
1/4 cup Margarine
2 cups Miniature marshmallows

[Meal on a budget ingredients]

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. In large bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. 












2. Toss apples and nuts with combined brown sugar and cinnamon.












3. Alternate layers of apples and sweet potatoes in 1 1/2-quart casserole. Dot with margarine.











 










4. Cover and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. 


5. Sprinkle marshmallows over sweet potatoes and apples. Broil until lightly browned.











Once your marshmallows are browned remove from the oven and serve. FOOD WILL BE HOT so let it cool before eating. 


Let me know what your favorite sweet potato recipe is and if you have tried this one!

Xo,
Lynette

1 comment:

  1. Yum! This looks delish and LOOVE sweet potatoes.. Now if I can only get the COOKING thing down.. hehe maybe I'll give this recipe to my mom in hopes that she will make it for me while I'm home!

    ReplyDelete