Monday, December 10, 2012

What In The World is Sea Buckthorn?




I usually don't stray away from my usual skincare routine because I've diagnosed myself with bad skin. My face breaks out over every little thing which let me tell you, is not that fun. I was approached by SeabuckWonders to test out their new personal care line with a high concentration of sea buckthorn. What is that? Sea Buckthorn is deciduous shrubs in the genus Hippophae, family Elaeagnaceae. All products contain the unique oil and are USDA certified organic and high in Omega 7. To test out, I was sent the facial cream, body lotion, exfoliating facial cleanser and deep hydrating face serum. Each product that was sent to me is perfect for all skin types. 



I used the serum the least, not really sure why. When my face got really dry I used it as a quick fix to hydrate it. If used properly (aka more than I used it) benefits include supporting collagen production, maintain skin's moisture balance and rejuvenate. 



I tossed the Sea Buckthorn Exfoliating Facial Cleanser in the shower for morning use. The first couple of times it really dried by skin out, most likely from switching from my usual cleanser. I loved that this product had the little exfoliating beads in it. Whenever something has those I really feel like it's working, plus it makes my skin super soft. I used the cleanser every morning and it made my skin wake up and felt so smooth. After I used this I topped it off with...



...the Sea Buckthorn Facial Cream. This lotion definitely hydrated my skin without leaving a cakey feeling. It also dried pretty quickly so my face wasn't white like when applying sunscreen. Benefits of this cream include supporting skin cell functions, enhancing skin tone, and protecting again visible signs of UV-induced stress. 



The body lotion was wonderful as well. I used it on my arms and legs, especially after I shaved them (my legs that is). It hydrated very nicely and once again did not leave any residue or feeling that I had put layers of it on. The advantages of the body lotion are similar to the facial cream; moisturize, support skin call function and protect against visible signs of UC-induced stress.

If you are looking for organic skincare products then I highly recommend the SeabuckWonders collection. I never got an allergic reaction or reddness of any kind. My skin and face felt clean and refreshed. And a major bonus: It didn't smell weird! Other organic skincare products I have tried in the past had a funky little smell to them, this one did not! For those very serious about going organic, most products are also vegan and gluten/wheat free. Seabuck Wonders also has various gift sets available so if you need an extra present for someone, this would be perfect. 

Xo,
Lynette

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! I've been wanting to research new skin care products--I want something organic, and I was going to ask you if it's vegan--but you answered that. Thanks! I will check your links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you tried it and what you thought!

      Delete