Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Give a Gift That Gives Back


One of my favorite things about the holiday season is getting other people gifts. I love seeing their faces when they open whatever I got them and I put a lot of thought into what each of my friends receives. I also enjoy giving back to those in need. So when I was approached by World Vision regarding some of their gift sets I could not resist telling you about one of them!


This year, give the career girl, working mother or just general coffee lover a fair-trade coffee gift set. The gift comes complete with coffee beans and a hand-carved olivewood spoon which are all wrapped in an African fabric pouch sewn together by local women. 


The coffee set is one of 36 items you can choose from for the Maximum Impact Fund where a donation is sent to a place desperately in need of everyday resources. The catalog has more than 250 items ranging in price from $16 to $39,000 that help children and families in need here in U.S. and around the world. 


In addition to material items, World Vision gives consumers the option of giving animals such as goats, cows or chickens to provide a family or community with nutrition or the option to sell eggs to earn some revenue. Soccer balls can be sent to schools and drough-resistant seeds can help a farmer. 

This holiday season, consider ordering from the World Vision catalog and help a child or family in need. Many of us participate in activities that support our community such as charity races or food drives but often forget to think about the rest of the world, especially during this time of year. 

What are you doing to help out this year?

Xo,
Lynette

2 comments:

  1. Thats awesome!! Such a great cause- especially since I have a slight coffee addition! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so do I, except it's not slight. No coffee when I wake up, you should stay far far away!

      Delete