Friday, March 1, 2013

National Nutrition Month

March apparently kicks off National Nutrition Month (who knew?) and StumbleUpon was nice enough to compile a list of the healthiest cities based on 25 million users stumbling habits. As someone who is on the market for a new job, this may be something to take into consideration. And most of the cities are warm, completely opposite of New York's weather lately.

However, before I share this list with you and you head off to a treadmill or spin class, I need to tell you it is also National Peanut Butter Lover's Day. I eat peanut butter almost every day, usually with breakfast by dipping a banana or apple into it. CRUMBS Bake Shop is celebrating with a delicious Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake, a rich chocolate cake filled and frosted with their peanut butter butter cream frosting and topped with peanut butter cup wedges and edged in crushed peanuts and chocolate chips. YUM!




Now I'm ready to hit the gym just looking at that photo. Here are StumbleUpon's findings of the healthiest cities in the US:

1.       Miami
2.       Fort Lauderdale
3.       Boston
4.       Tucson
5.       San Diego
6.       New York
7.       Las Vegas
8.       Sacramento
9.       Los Angeles
10.   Gainesville

Woo, we made the list at number 6! Must be the yoga and spin studios on every corner. I've actually researched many of those cities on various job searches so I guess I was doing something right. 

One of the things mentioned in the National Nutrition Month campaign is to describe what "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day" means to you. Well to me it simply means eating the foods I believe are nutritious to my body and help nourish it rather than not but not following what everyone else does. What may work for a friends body could not work for mine.

If you live in one of those cities, do you agree it's one of the top healthiest? What to do you do to stay in shape? Favorite places to workout outside?

Xo,
Lynette



No comments:

Post a Comment