Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Easy Dinner and Snack for The Lazy Girl

Please work with me while I try and figure out why blogger is not working on my computer. If anyone has had problems as such please reach out and let me know how you fixed it.

Sometimes I'm craving a meal that is intricate, involves a lot of dishes and is time consuming. I have learned that I can make that same meal in easy steps and in ONE dish. Yup I said that, only one dish is needed. I'm personally usually cooking for myself but if you use a large enough baking dish you can cook for up to about four people.

Preheat oven to 350 or 375 degrees.

Use oil or spray oil to coat the bottom of the baking dish. I defrosted the chicken a little bit so it would cook faster.

Next I shopped up some onions and tossed some on the bottom. Add in the chicken breast. Chop up some red potatoes and add those. I really like mushrooms so I tossed those in as well.

Next I made a mistake. Do not add the spinach until the end. It got crispy and gross and wasn't worth it. Before I tossed in the oven I added some seasonings such as Italian, salt, pepper, garlic salt and some more chopped onions. I sprayed a little oil on top, covered with tin foil and popped it in the oven for an hour.

A perfect snack, which most healthy nuts like myself know, is roasted chickpeas. All you need to do is wash them, dry, place on tin foil on a baking sheet, season and roast for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Make them spicy with red pepper. I don't have a photo but trust me they're delicious.

Make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly before you serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment