Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Race Re-Cap

I hope everyone made it successfully out of bed and to work on time this morning. Yesterday was the first St. Patty's Day where I did not go into the city and get obliterated. And it's not because I'm growing up, I'm just on a strict budget. One of my best friends birthday is the 17th and this was the first time in 6 years I had to miss it. Instead, I stayed local and signed up for a last minute 5K, the first race since I was injured back in December. 


Although it was FREEZING the race went pretty well. The race directors were a bit confused and I think they set up the course last minute (I asked where the start line was 2 hours earlier and they had no idea) but the gym registration was set up in front of was nice enough to let us warm up inside while we waited. At about 12:25 we were called to line up and at 12:30 we were off! I blame the cold weather for my PR because all I could think of was just finish now. The first split was 8:45, probably the fastest mile I have ever ran! The last two were 9:03 and 9:07, not too bad if I say so myself. Final time came out to 27:51. I'm pretty proud of that time and I highly doubt I will be beating that time anytime soon. 

After the race I went down to the parade before I headed to one of the bars. Here are some pics I snapped:








What did you do this weekend? Head to any great parades?

Xo,
Lynette



4 comments:

  1. Yay congrats on your race and PR!!! I didn't get a chance to race this weekend but hearing about everyone else's made me so jealous!! Especially since I was volunteering at the NYC Half expo on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't plan on doing it but I did it because I too was jealous of everyone else!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the great race and PR!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You too miss speed demon. I'm getting pumped for our trip!

      Delete