Sunday, March 17, 2013

Training Week 7

So true
[Source]
It's getting closer! Yesterday I finished out week 7 training with 7.5 miles. Which, not to brag, but I totally crushed. I was a bit nervous because, as you'll see below, working out this week kind of sucked. These long runs are giving sore and tired a whole new meaning. If you know me then you know that I HATE wasting days doing nothing but I've been napping a lot lately. Next week I'm doing my 8.5 miles out in Montauk, hopefully taking the route on the ocean! Here's what I did last week:

Sunday: Rest Day

Monday:2.5 miles on the treadmill. They went OK. With it being SO hot in my house I had to stop and walk a little but it finished.

Tuesday: This is where everything went downhill. Taking the later train home from work somehow made me really hungry and working out just wasn't in the books.

Wednesday: Same as Tuesday however I managed to squeeze some planks in. Which actually ended up helping my long run so I don't feel too bad about not doing anything additional.

Thursday: Dinner date with Dad! I went to dinner right from the train and then went directly to bed (at 9:30 PM). Oops!

Friday: Got my planks in! 

Saturday: 7.5 amazing miles! I was a little slow but as someone reminded me on Twitter, long runs are for miles not time. I added on to route I did last week which means I got lots of hills in too. I really want to run flat for the next couple of weeks so I don't get so wiped up but I'm not sure if that's possible. Montauk is definitely pretty hilly, but the scenery makes up for it. 

I'm kicking week 8 off with a St. Patty's Day 5K this morning. Fast, flat and ending near the bars, just the way I like it. Those 3.1 miles are going to be all about speed. Hopefully I've still got it!

Also remember, my Manduka giveaway is live until March 20!

How has your training been going?

Xo,
Lynette 

No comments:

Post a Comment