Monday, October 29, 2012

My Attempt at Chicken/Rice/Vegetable Soup

Contrary to what my friends and co-workers will tell you I really do love food. I’ll admit I may like cooking more than eating but so be it. About 2 weeks ago I got this brilliant idea to try and make this chicken/rice/vegetable soup in my crockpot. Needless to say my “soup” was more like mush. But the mush was actually pretty tasty! My suggestion is, if you want actual soup, use fewer amounts of the ingredients and put the rice in last. I’m pretty sure the rice soaked up a whole box of chicken broth!


Needed:

Chicken breast
Chopped celery
Chopped carrots
Brown rice
Chick peas
Green peas
Green beans
Chicken broth

First, I made the chicken by placing 2 chicken breasts in a pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes. After it’s done, I drained the water, let the chicken cool and chopped it up. 

[Boiling chicken breasts]
Then I chopped up the carrots, green beans and celery. I used chick peas from a can so I drained those and the peas were frozen so I defrosted them in hot water. 

[Carrots, celery and green beans]
[Chick peas and green peas]


Once everything was prepared I tossed it all in the crockpot, including the rice. I mixed the ingredients around with a wooden spoon then added a whole box of chicken broth. 

[Chicken broth]

[Right before it started cooking]
Put the crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 8. I stirred the soup every once in a while to make sure it was cooking evenly. 

Let me know if you attempted to try this out or if you have a soup recipe you'd like to share with me!

Xo,
Lynette


No comments:

Post a Comment