Monday, October 8, 2012

Dinner or Snack: Homemade Buffalo Chicken Wraps and Mozzarella Sticks


I have a serious Pinterest obsession and I am not afraid to admit it. I get outfit inspiration, fitness motivation, sayings that I think were personally made for me and delicious recipes. On Saturday night I decided to test out not one but two new recipes. Neither was really a “meal dish” more like snacks or appetizers, but easy and yummy nonetheless. 



Buffalo Chicken Wraps (bake on 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes)

Needed:
  •          Egg roll wrappers (mine came in a pack of 20)
  •          Shredded chicken
  •          Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
  •          Crumbled blue cheese
  •          Broccoli slaw
  •          Small bowl of water (to dip your finger in)
  •          Nonstick cooking spray
  •          Blue cheese dressing, for dipping

I made the chicken by placing 2 ½ pieces in a pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes. After it’s done, drain the water and let chicken cool.

Shred chicken and mix in a bowl with hot sauce. Naturally, the more sauce you use, the hotter it will be.

*Please note: I didn't put any measurements since I use my own discretion.

To make wraps: Put a small amount of broccoli slaw on an egg roll wrapper, then shredded chicken, and top with a small amount of crumbled blue cheese.  Use discretion with amounts and please know adding too much will cause the wrapper to rip (learned from experience!).

Folding Wraps: Fold bottom right corner up, covering all ingredients, then fold the bottom left and upper right corners over forming an envelope. Roll wrap once, dip your finger in the bowl of water, wet the top left corner and press is on top of the roll, sealing it like an envelope.

To Cook: Grease a cookie sheet, or a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet, then place rolls down. Spray rolls with the nonstick cooking spray. Place in over for 12-15 minutes or until the rolls crisp.
Serve with blue cheese dressing.

Mozzarella Sticks (Bake on 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes)

Needed:
·         Egg roll wrappers
·         Mozzarella cheese (or cheese sticks, I cut my own mozzarella though)
·         Marinara sauce

Place cheese in center of wrapper. See sections “folding wraps” and “to cook” above.

Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!

Please let me know if anyone has any questions or these directions aren't very clear. Remember I’m new at this so any feedback is amazing!

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment