Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!




I know many people who have a problem cutting back on sugar. Especially in fall since sweet treats are a staple. Everyone is excited to get their hands on candy apples, peanut butter cups and all different pies. I copped the easy way out of keeping my sugar intake down due to the teeth pain I endure when I have more than a bite. Lucky? Yes. But sometimes I really want to eat that WHOLE piece of cake!

Today is Halloween so I thought I would share a healthy treat for those not trying to splurge on candy.

Disclaimer: I have never made these they just look really yummy and contain less sugar than most candies. For more information visit http://www.mommyrunfast.com/five-for-friday/.

PB-Oat Balls
  • 1/2 c. peanut butter at room temperature
  • 1/2 c. rolled or quick oats
  • 2-3 Tbsp agave nectar or honey
  • 1/2 c. raisins
  • chocolate chips, optional
Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls. Store in refrigerator or freezer. 

What were your candy alternatives?
Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment