Monday, November 25, 2013

What I'm Loving About Running

[Source]
I've been enjoying running a lot lately, largely in part to the fact that I am not training for a damn thing. A lot of you are traveling or wrapping up things at work this weeks so posts I'm not going to post too much. But, here are the 5 things I am LOVING about running:


1. No Garmin! I haven't touched by Garmin since October 6, mainly because I just want to fun run and it's still dead. Oops. At run club I go with the flow and during my weekend runs I just do what feels right.

2. I can listen to any music I want to. Usually I have a running playlist that has all upbeat songs but lately I've been utilizing my I Heart Radio app and listening to whatever comes on. Even if it's slow. 


3. The scenery. I am so happy my injury subsided so I could enjoy some fall running. The trees in my neighborhood have been so beautiful I haven't even needed to go into town. 

4. No pressure. I grew up playing competitive sports and it has been so nice to not have the pressure of a time or distance goal. 


5. New Friends! As the weather got colder more people have been showing up to run club and it has been so fun meeting new friends. I spend all day in an office and 2 hours before and after on a train so it's nice to be getting to know new people. 

What are you loving right now? 

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment