Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekly Laziness Recap

[Source]
Once upon a time a few months I could provide you with a great recap of all the workouts I got in. Now I can tell you what I've been doing and eating instead of getting my sweat on. Does anyone else have this issue when they're not training for anything specific? 

After attending by first ever barre class last Saturday (review up this week!), I felt inspired and got a few nice workouts in. 

Sunday- My friend takes me to Planet Fitness for free because you get to bring a guest each time. It's nice to be in a gym again and use their equipment. I did some legs and arms before we finished up with 15 minutes on the elliptical. We only did a short amount of cardio because they were closing. Despite the tough barre class the day before I felt pretty strong- and also learned I am not that strong. I guess I've got to focus on my arms a bit more!

Tuesday- 15 minute run on the treadmill. I'm still working my way back into running after my injury so I did a slow jog to get something in. I felt pretty good. My legs were tight from not thoroughly stretching from my previous workouts. 

Wednesday- Run club! We did a speed workout in Central Park. I participated in 2 800s and a 400. Yes, I'm that girl who cut her workout short but adding this much mileage and practically sprinting was bit too much too soon. I'm happy with what I did get in though. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to get my mileage back up and feel strong. 

Thursday- Yoga with A View for core and quads. My god it felt so good for my body to be stretched out. My muscles were so tight on all week and I felt like a new person. I also love that I got to do yoga in front of our fake fire place. 

Sunday- I started my day yesterday with an awesome little workout. I did my treadmills pre-set interval run for 30 minutes then did an abs series. My plans to run outside were shattered by the cold and the fact that I just gave away all of my running tights. It was the perfect way to start my day!

What workouts do you do when not training? How do you stay motivated?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment