Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I tasted them: Pure Protein Soft Baked Bars


About a month and a half ago I was sent these new protein bards by Pure Protein. I am not one to really try new things- I've been munching on Nature's Valley Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate protein bars for quite some time. What caught my attention was the fact that they were based 20 minutes from where I live (so a local company to me) and the flavors- Double Vanilla Crunch and Peanut Butter Crunch.


I think I waited a little too long to try them because they were definitely crunchy, not soft. According to a rep, "The bars have a layer of silky smooth chocolate and crunchy vanilla/peanut butter, wrapped around a soft cake center." Something was still a little off to me though. 
I am not one for protein supplements but I  know a lot of my friends and readers use them daily and would enjoy these bars. 

Some additional information:



  • They have 17g of protein and only 5g of sugar. My teeth are very sensitive to sugar and starting hurting immediately after one bite but that's obviously a personal problem. 
  • Leading retailers include Walmart, Target, Safeway, Stop & Shop, Shop Rite, Wegmans, CVS Pharmacy, Duane Reade, 7-Eleven and GNC. 
The Pure Protein bars were decent sized. If I were to use them for training I would probably eat half before and half after my workout. Their two goals are to promote overall good health and support lean muscle and strength. 

If you are someone who uses protein powder or drinks I recommend trying Pure Protein's new soft-baked bars!

Xo,
Lynette

Discalimer: This product was sent to me free of charge to provide a review. All opinions expressed are my own. I was not compensated for this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment