Monday, November 4, 2013

Breakfast Pizza!


For those who know me, pizza is a must-have. I usually make it myself so I can at least pretend I'm being semi-healthy but you can't beat going to your favorite pizza shop. Last weekend I decided to make a breakfast pizza. Clearly I had a bit too much free time on my hands. I took my inspiration from Melissa's Cuisine. She made her own crust but I used a pre-made one because that's how I roll.

Ingredients:

6 eggs (I used 4 and you will see in the photos that was not nearly enough)
4 slices of turkey bacon
Shredded cheddar cheese
Spinach
Milk
Spices of your choice
Olive oil or cooking spray

First, get ready to cook the bacon. I learned a way to reduce the grease but it takes about 20 minutes. Using a cookie tray, line with foil and place down the 4 slices of f bacon. Place the tray into the oven, which should NOT be turned on yet. Now, press bake and heat to 375 degrees. At the same time, put your timer on for 20 minutes. The bacon is done when it is crispy. 



While the turkey bacon is cooking, prepare your eggs. As previously mentioned, I only used 4 eggs but I recommend 6. When I scramble eggs I mix them with milk, diced onions, salt, pepper and garlic salt. 


Once the bacon is done, slice up and add to egg mixture. DO NOT TURN THE OVEN OFF. Scramble eggs in a frying pan.


When the eggs are done, leave them on very low heat (just something to keep them warm) and use either cooking spray or a little olive oil to dust the pizza crust. 


Pour egg mixture on top and add spinach and cheddar cheese.


Place pizza in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. 


Slice into 8 pieces as you would do a regular pizza and serve with fruit and coffee!


Have you ever made a breakfast pizza? What did you think of it?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment