Monday, September 9, 2013

Half Marathon Training Winds Down

Can you believe it's September already? Me neither! No only does it mean nice cool weather, but my fall half marathon is rapidly approaching! After 2 terrible weekends of long runs, my faith in this race got restored yesterday. 

[I'd like this shirt! Source]
I got some sleep, fueled with a regular waffle, peanut butter and half of a banana and then took off. The first half mile I was nervous that I was going to feel burnt out but I didn't. I got on the main road and started my trek. I would have been happy with anything over 8 miles. 

Not once did I feel like I couldn't do it or that I wanted to quit. A big change from what I have been feeling. Even on run club last Wednesday I was slower than usual. Not yesterday though. 

[Run club!]
I got 9.5 sub-9:50 miles in and they were glorious. I didn't make it to 10 because I needed to catch a train back to my house (which I had to sprint for!). I'm pretty sure the 8th mile came in at 9:13. 

As of right now, I'm really looking forward to the half in October. In 2 weeks I will be going for my 10K PR at the Run10FEED10 event. 

[2012 RUN10FEED10]
How's your training going? How did you deal with setbacks?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment