Monday, July 22, 2013

Run 10 Feed 10 2013


Last year, my first 10K was the Feed Foundation's Run 10 Feed 10 down the West Side Highway in NYC. This year I'm going back- on a mission.

I have plans to PR in the 10K distance although I'll be happy with anything under 59 minutes. Goal time is 58:00. 

I also plan on exceeding my fundraising total from last year! Last year I raised $135 through the support of my family and friends. This year I want to raise $150. That would provide 15 meals. 


[Getting ready to run]
In order to participate in this particular race, you are required to raise a minimum of $100. That will provide 10 local families a meal. The money stays right here in the US and goes to what I personally believe is a good cause (I have a soft spot for helping those, especially children, in need). 

Each day we take our lunch and snack breaks yet there are some working 9 hour days without being able to have a meal. The Feed Foundation was started by Lauren Bush Lauren in 2005 for those in need in other countries. Since founding the organization she had expanded her reach to the US. Today there are over 50 million American's who are unsure of where their next meal is coming from. 


[Lauren Bush Lauren and crew]
The Run 10 Feed 10 race is seeking to raise another million meals this year. And you can help!

Click here to see my Crowdrise profile and make a donation. 

*Side note: Crowdrise only allows you to donate a minimum of $10 but offline donations are welcome. If you are interested in helping me out, please let me know and I will let you know where to send your check or cash to. LifesBetterInYogaPants@gmail.com or tweet me @LynetteNicole07.

This is one of the best races I have ever been to. The course is great, the festival lasts all morning, there are giveaways, yoga classes and more. AND I get to help children. Can it get any better than that?!

Thanks in advance for your support!


[Friends from run club]
Have you ran this race? What did you think?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment