Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Deliciousness


One of my favorite summer activities is barbecuing. If it can somehow be made on the grill I will do it. Last year my mom even bought me a basket for vegetables. When the brand Saas reached out and offered me some of their hot sauces I couldn't resist.

Although they are kind of meant for dipping, I used them on chicken. They are definitely hot but so so good. I was sent a small, medium and large jar of the original flavor and onion & garlic. I was cooking with my friend and we tasted the sauces right out of the jar and had to chug some water!

Each flavor is unique and made with fresh ingredients including red jalapeƱos, orange habanero, onions, garlic, honey and additional spices. Their website also offers several recipes- great for parties!



Our meal consisted of chicken, grilled vegetables (baby corn, mushrooms, peppers, onions) and a sweet potato. We used a brush to apply the Saas to the chicken- we made 2 of each flavor. Then tossed the veggies into the basket. To but down on cook time we nuked the sweet potatoes before wrapping them in foil and placing them on the grill.

We braced ourselves to test the chicken because we forgot which ones had the hotter sauce on them! A pleasant surprise was after cooked, the sauces were not as spicy as they were right out of the jar. 


I highly recommend checking out Saas. The prices are reasonable ($1.49-$5.49) and you can purchase online or in store.

Have you ever tried Saas? Thoughts? Favorite hot sauce?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment