Sunday, July 14, 2013

Late Race Recap: Mud Man X


Recently I realized I never posted about my first ever mud run! Better late than never right? About a month ago me and my friend Jaclyn went up to New Windsor, NY, for the Mud Man X race. 

We stayed at her place the night before and headed out around 8 and got to the event at 9:30. That left us plenty of time to check in, put our bags in the secluded area, use the bathroom and just hang out before our heat at 11.



The course wasted no time making sure we got wet! The first thing we did was jump into a slimy lake. The first major obstacle was the barbed wire crawl where you were SUPPOSED to run through water with hanging wires. Obviously I chose to crawl through the water. 


They kept us occupied until the next big obstacle with tons of water, slides and crawling activities. We crossed a gross lake by jumping on moving boards placed in a line that sunk when you jumped on them. I'm sure I provided bystanders with quite a hilarious show. 

So after I crossed that pond, it was time for the walls the have no ledges to climb- you jump up, grab and go over. But not me. This very nice guy asked if I needed help and I said yes. So he put my left foot in his hand and on 3-2-1 I jumped...and did not catch the top which left me on my ass. This super cute nice guy dropped me on my ass! And we weren't even close to the end.

After that we did a few more minuscule obstacles. The big ones included a rope climb and a monkey bar thing that I skipped. I think I would have been more comfortable if we had guys on our team or if someone was there to catch me.

[I tried!]
The last obstacle before the finish line was the ice bath crawl! Not sure why but as painful as this was I seemed to be smiling throughout the WHOLE thing. 


This was Jaclyn's first 5K and I'm so proud of her for finishing. We took our time and I went at her pace but it was really about the fun not time. 


I definitely want to do another and will hopefully convince some of my guy friends to team up for a Tough Mudder or Spartan Race. 

What mud runs have you done? Did you like them? Favorite obstacle?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment