Friday, June 28, 2019

PR Intern Diaries: Jonathan


Another training week almost done, another recap missed. I promise I will work on a 3-week recap this Sunday.

Until then, I leave you with the latest from Lynette Nicole PR intern Jonathan. 

------

They say time flies when you are having fun! I can’t believe it has already been a month. I have learned so much and I’m so excited to apply what I’ve learned throughout the rest of my time in school. I’m also figuring out what I like and don’t like about PR and my internship.

I’ve obviously learned a lot, but three things have stuck out to me the most. The first is that detail is everything. I have learned that whatever I do needs to be triple checked and then checked again. Everything has to be clean and professional. This is why I am learning to check my work until I am confident I have it perfect, and then, of course, check it again.

Second, I have learned that being creative is a huge part of PR. Whether it’s creating a pitch or looking at a press clipping from an aesthetic point of view, creativity is integrated with almost everything I do. This is where the fun comes in. Being able to think of new ideas or ways of doing things exercises my creativity!

The third thing I have learned is that no two days look exactly alike. Every day is different and brings with it its own challenges and chances to learn something new. Working in an environment where things are constantly changing definitely keeps me on my toes.

Through all of this learning, I have had to complete several tasks. Some I like, and some I don’t like. My favorite task would have to be doing press clippings. I like this because I love seeing how our clients are used in stories, seeing what is said about them, and even seeing what our clients have to say about various topics. I also get to be creative when I piece together the clipping. My least favorite task would probably be simply making lists. There’s nothing wrong with it, but it can become tedious.

I’ve learned so much already, but I hope to learn more about how to become an effective writer throughout the rest of the summer. Since it is the core of everything we do in PR, I need to be confident in my writing skills. Here’s to the next month of learning!
------

Have a great weekend!

XO,
Lynette 

No comments:

Post a Comment