Monday, January 19, 2015

Training Week 1

Happy Monday! Week 1 of training is officially complete and I have to say, I do have high hopes for this race. Although I feel great, after a few indulgences this weekend, I don't exactly look great. At any rate, I can't wait to get some long, head-clearing runs in the next few weekends.

Here's what went down last week:


  • Saturday: Surf Set class and 3 mile run on the indoor track. I was a little late to class so I only got 30 minutes out of the 45 but it was still pretty challenging! While I had the opportunity (it was freezing out this day) I got my 3 mile run done on the Chelsea Piers track. I felt pretty strong, mainly because I felt like people were watching me and I didn't want to look like wimp. It was definitely great motivation!
  • Monday: Yoga at Exhale. I really enjoy these classes. They are a mix between traditional, relaxing yoga and strength so you really get a workout. 
  • Tuesday: Spin at Peloton. Lisa Niren puts on a great class regardless if I'm taking it in the morning or evening. 
  • Wednesday: 2 miles run in Astoria. I really needed a head-clearing run in the middle of a rough week and weather was perfect! I tossed my credit card into my Armpocket too so I could grab some veggies at the farmers market for dinner. 
  • Thursday: Acroyoga at Twisted Trunk Yoga. This is my new Thursday night activity. Good luck trying to get me to cancel. Acro gets me out of my comfort zone and teaches me something new each week. And it's a killer core workout. If you haven't tried it, I recommend joining me. 
  • Satuday: 4 mile run in Astoria + 1 hour of Reebok's MavenStrong netWORKOUT. My run felt pretty could albeit cold. The Reebok workouts felt a little harder than usual after my run (recap coming soon!) but fun. There were 6 instructors who taught 15 minutes of their signature class. I only took 4 before my body was telling me enough was enough for today. 

On the schedule for this week:

  • Monday- Strength at home (was supposed to be a run but I didn't get out of bed on time this AM)
  • Tuesday- B/X at Brick (bootcamp at a Crossfit gym)
  • Wednesday- Morning run
  • Thursday- Acroyoga
  • Saturday- 5 mile run

For those who are looking to add some classes into the mix, I've been using FitReserve and love it. 

How is your training going?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment