Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Recipe: Stuffed Chicken

[Broccoli, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken]

A few weeks ago I finally decided to try out a stuffed chicken recipe. It was to die for! I love chicken so it's fun to switch it up every once in a while and try something new. As usual, I added my own modifications. While I am posting this on a Tuesday, I recommend hitting favorite and waiting until the weekend to try it. Mine took a little long to cook and on week nights I prefer something quick and easy. 

Recipe courtesy of Skinny Mom.

Ingredients Needed:


  • Large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Quantity depends on how many you are cooking for. I used 3. 
  • 1-2 cups  broccoli (Although I love fresh broccoli, I used the frozen kind for this)
  • A block of Mozzarella 
  • Baby spinach
  • Breadcrumbs
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Pepper
  • Salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 toothpicks per each piece of chicken
  • Spray Oil (optional)
What's next?

First, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Also, make sure your chicken is defrosted. 

Using a cutting board (or ziplock bag), place chicken and secure the entire board with saran wrap. Pound chicken until it is flat and thin. 


In 1 dish, whip the eggs together and in another, mix breadcrumbs and seasonings. 


Also make sure you slice the Mozzarella. 


Remove the plastic wrap from the cutting board and place a slice of cheese, broccoli and a handful of spinach on each chicken breast.


Next, roll the chicken as tight at you can and secure with 2 toothpicks. Brush the egg mixture over the chicken then dip the roll into breadcrumbs. Roll it around and make sure it is completely covered. 

Place each roll SEAM down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or tin foil). 


Bake for about 30 minutes. I was having trouble cooking the chicken through so make sure it is really done before serving.


Lastly, plate and serve! I had brown rice and spinach with mine. 



Have you ever made stuffed chicken? What did you put inside?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment