Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Classtivity Passport Class 3: As One

[Source]
On Sunday, I woke up early(ish) to eat some breakfast before heading to my third Classtivity class. After getting caught up on my iPad I ran out of the door to head into the city over to Columbus Circle for an As One class. Classtivity only allows you to sign up for the intro class but trust me, it's more than enough. 

When I arrived I headed upstairs and had a seat while the previous class finished up. Mark I think came up and had me sign a waiver. He asked everyone else if they had injuries, but not me. I guess I look like a healthy athlete. As more people came in I chatted with them about Classtivity and what other workouts they like to do. 

Then we got started. We got a light pole and followed Mark (I'm not 100% sure of his name but for this post, that's what he's called) who guided us in stretching out our legs and arms. Then he explained what our workout was. Mark divided us into 2 groups and gave this instruction:

If you were on the floor you did 30 seconds of each of the below strength training exercises for 2 sets:

  • Squats
  • Push ups
  • Plank
  • Burpees
  • Abs
Those doing cardio had options of:
Air bike
StairMaster
Jump rope 
Mountain climber machine (I think that's what it was)

Oh did I mention you repeat the above 3 times?

I started on the air bike and alternated 30 second sprints and regular pedaling. I actually didn't mind this or the StairMaster (my 2nd cardio).

During the first strength portion, I think I did well. I did all of my push ups normal-no knees! And didn't stop too much in between burpees. The second set, after the StairMaster, I may have gotten a bit slower, but still maintained my push-ups.

For my third cardio I did jump rope. I wore the rope more than I jumped it but that's OK. I tried as best as I could to do the 30 seconds hard but I failed a bit. 

The last strength rotation I did my first set of squats with a weight. Everything I did during this last portion was slow. But it felt so good!

After the last 30 seconds we all got foam rollers and Mark guided us for a cool down. 

This is by far the best Classtivity Passport class I've taken so far. I only wish Mark was more vocal and encouraging rather than quiet and timid. 

I highly recommenced taking this class. If I could do it again- I totally would!

Have you taken any As One classes? What did you think?

Xo,
Lynette

Ps. I was just so excited I forgot to take my own photos and I couldn't find pictures of the studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment