Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Simple Dinner: Baked Pasta


After spending the day in the city with a friend on Saturday, I came home and had no idea what I wanted for dinner. So naturally, I hopped on Pinterest. I kept seeing recipes for baked ziti but that seemed a bit intricate for 8:15 PM. I typed in baked pasta recipes and found one from Peanut Butter Fingers. It seemed pretty easy and I had all of the ingredients, so why not? 

This dish is great if you need something healthy and quick to put together. I made some modifications to her recipe to tailor it to what I liked. Hers also called for canned chicken, which I don't believe in so I cooked my own. As usual, I didn't really measure anything out. 

*Recipe courtesy of Peanut Butter Fingers

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups of Ronzoni Garden Vegetable pasta
  • 1 chicken breast
  • Fresh broccoli
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Marinara sauce
  • Mushrooms
  • Spinach
Directions:

Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Then coat a baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil. 

Next, I cooked my pasta and chicken at the same time. 


When the chicken was almost finished I added in the broccoli and mushrooms. I drained the pasta and left it in the colander until I was ready to continue. 


While I was waiting, I coated the bottom of the baking dish with a little sauce and mozzarella cheese.


When the pasta and chicken/vegetables are finished, combine in the pot the pasta was in. Add the spinach, sauce and cheese.


Pour the mix into your baking dish. I topped mine with more cheese (duh, I'm Italian). 


Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the top is crispy enough for your liking. When the pasta and cheese is slightly burned on top, that's my favorite. 


Easy and simple weeknight dinner! You obviously don't need to load it up with as much stuff as I did, but the more greens the better. 


What's your favorite baked pasta dish?

Xo,
Lynette



No comments:

Post a Comment