Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Xo Group FoundHERs - BaubleBar



A few weeks, I got to spend the evening with Anna and Darcy at the XO Group's offices in the Financial District for one of their FoundHERS speaking series. 

We got to hear from Amy Jain and Daniella Yacobovsky, the founders of BaubleBar, about their journey from finance to jewelry. What I liked most about their story was how relatable it was. 

Starting a business is no easy feat and in the beginning, it comes with more downs than ups. 

Amy and Daniella both had lucrative, secure jobs that they left to work on BaubleBar full-time. They had a pseudo office (an apartment) and were learning as they went. They talked about their first website, taking unflattering images with iPhones, learning what different people in the fashion industry did and when they first realized they were leading this amazing business. 

One of my biggest takeaways from the talk was to just keep going. PR can be a frustrating field to be in but at the end of the day, I started my own business so I obviously love it. Like Amy and Daniella, I am still learning as I go and am fortunate enough to have an amazing mentor (who is also one of my good friends and former bosses). 

Cheers to girl bosses and moving forward! 

Ps. I cant wait for you to meet Lynette Nicole PR's two new clients in the coming weeks! 

Xo,
Lynette 

No comments:

Post a Comment