Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Recipe: Eggplant and Rice Bowl


On my way home from work on Monday I stopped at the grocery store for some fresh produce since I already had snacks and protein in the house. I've been dying to make something with eggplant recently so I picked one up while I was there. I also had all intentions of making mini pizzas with them but of course I had no sauce so fail. In Pinterest I typed in "eggplant" and a bunch of recipes came up, including one for quinoa, spinach and eggplant. Score! I didn't have enough quinoa so I used brown rice. It only took about 30 minutes and it was so flavorful- perfect for those nights when you just need to throw something together!

This recipe was adapted from Julia's Album

Ingredients:

  • Brown Rice
  • Spinach
  • Shredded Mozzarella
  • Mushrooms
  • Minced Garlic
  • Eggplant
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Olive Oil

Directions:

  • First, pre-heat the oven to 450 and line a baking sheet with a greased sheet of tin foil. 
  • Chop up eggplant into cubes and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.


  • Spread eggplant cubes on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip with a spatula and cook for another 10 minutes. 


  • While the eggplant is roasting, cook the rice and in a large skillet, toss olive oil, spinach, garlic and mushrooms. Once the spinach gets slighted wilted remove from heat. 


Once the eggplant is done, remove from the oven and immediately add to skillet with spinach and mushrooms. Add rice and mix well so the eggplant absorbs all of the flavors. 


Top with Mozzarella cheese and serve!


What is your favorite eggplant recipe? 

Xo,
Lynette 



No comments:

Post a Comment