Friday, May 23, 2014

The Unofficial Start of Summer


Happy Memorial Day weekend! As most of you know I am a sucker for warm weather- even if I'm just sitting in the house all day. As I have been since 2011, I will be heading east, this time with my sister, to soak up the cold hopefully sun this year. Besides venturing to The Sloppy Tuna and Ditch Plains, we found some new hot spots and activities to fill out time with. 

[NOT me. Source]
First, I finally get to take a SUP lesson! A great friend of a friend recommended a fabulous instructor and she is taking us out for 90 minutes in Amagansett on Sunday. After 3 years of waiting to do this, I am over the moon that we finally booked it. Here's to hoping I stay on the board and out of the water.

 

[Source]
Montauk Juice Factory opened near my crossiant place and I am so excited to head over and try the their Liquid Sunshine "Glow" drink. The descriptions says it's good for my body, hair and skin so why not? This is their first season out there so you should definitely check them out. Also, stayed tuned for a Q&A with the CEO! (12 South Etna Avenue)


The Surf Lodge, the fabulous night spot with amazing chairs, is hosting free workouts in the mornings on Saturdays and Sundays. There is yoga at 9 AM and bootcamp at 10 AM. My sister is not exactly yoga-friendly so we are going to run over on Saturday for bootcamp then run to breakfast. 

[Source]

Also, my amazing fitness instructor friend Kat will be teaching not once but twice this weekend in East Hampton at Summer Kicks via The Fitist Collective. The company partnered up to give the BEST fitness studios a popup out east all summer long. Kat will be teaching for Uplift on Saturday and Bari on Sunday. If you're looking for an ass-kicking workout, I recommend going. (5 Railroad Ave., East Hampton)


I know it sounds like a lot of working out and health for a vacation. But you've got to balance out all of the yummy seafood with something right?

What are you doing this Memorial Day?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment