Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Recipe: Stuffed Peppers


I've been trying to branch out and get creative with all of these new foods I've starting liking. A few weeks ago I decided to go all out and make stuffed peppers. I like to think this meal was healthy but I doubt it was. I made 2 so I didn't have to make dinner again the next night.The recipe was simple but I would stick to making it on the weekends if you are like me and tend to eat late on weeknights. 

(recipe adapted from Living a Frugal Life)

Ingredients Needed:

  • Ground turkey
  • Chopped onion
  • Chopped tomatoes
  • 1 chopped small green pepper
  • Shredded cheese
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 2 green bell peppers
  • Green beans
  • Corn
  • Black beans

Directions: 

Preheat over for 425 degrees. 

Cut the top off of the green bell peppers, get rid of all of the seeds and rinse the inside with water. Turn upside down on a paper towel to drain excess water. 


Cook the quinoa according to directions or how you usually cook it. I do 1 cup of water per cup of quinoa. 

Next, brown the ground turkey. 


Then add in the chopped green peppers and onion. 


When the turkey meat looks pretty much done, toss in the rest of the veggies. 


Once the quinoa is cooked to your liking, toss it into the pan with the meat and veggies. Add in shredded cheese. 


Spoon mixture into the green bell peppers and place on a baking dish. Cover. Bake for 30-40 minutes. If you want the peppers crunchy do under 40, softer do about 40. 


When they're done, sprinkle with additional shredded cheese and bake uncovered for about 5 more minutes. Serve with a side salad and enjoy!


How do you make stuffed peppers? Favorite fillings or themes?

Xo,
Lynette




No comments:

Post a Comment