Tuesday, February 25, 2014

NYC Half Training


The NYC Half is exactly 3 weeks again! I wish I was excited as that sentence looks like I am but I'm just not. After being beyond thrilled that I made it in via the lottery, I've become extremely disappointed. If you know me in real life then you know the cold is not my friend. As someone who is naturally always freezing, these polar vortexes have not been my friend and training has gone down the drain. 

Last year I trained for the DC half during the winter, on the water and was perfectly fine. In the past 2 weeks I've tried to bring my mileage up too fast and ended up taking walk breaks and being really sore the next day. After being mentally prepped for 8 miles on Saturday (what a gorgeous day too!) I ended up only doing 7 with a few walk breaks. Moral of that story? I'm training hard but not smart. 


With that said, I don't care what happens during the race as long as I finish. Along with not being able to train (ps. don't say treadmill, I'm in a big tiff with NYSC) I have a few health issues that are NOT making training easy. Who knows if I'm even allowed to be running! 

My goal for the next 3 weeks? Slow and steady wins the race. I hope to end training on a high note with a 10 miler but if you remember when I trained for DC I only got up to 9 due to injury. So, who knows what March 16 has in store for me. I do know I will 100% be crossing that finish line. 

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment