Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Classtivity Passport Class 6: Soho Strength Lab

[Source]
Last Tuesday I woke up bright and early and late to head down to the Soho Strength Lab for my 6th Classtivity session. After arriving 8 min late- sorry again guy!- I headed to the basement studio and tossed by stuff down to jump in  on the workout. 

Soho Strength Lab has 2 floors with a focus on personal training and small group classes. The class I took was called Soho Burn. Thankfully when I arrived the group was still doing the warm up. The class was primarily strength training with a few cool twists. 

We did air squats, push ups, lunges, planks, used weights for the arm portion, jump squats and more. In between everything we partnered up and used resistance bands to sprint down the "green" and shuffle. You placed the band around your waist and your partner stood behind you with the 2 ends pulled as tight as they could while you ran or shuffled. You don't realize how tough it is until you're done!

[Source]

The class finished off with 8 minutes of a continuous circuit. While I didn't sweat as much as I would have liked, the class was definitely good. I felt it the next day!

Here's what Classtivity put in my calendar:

"Use bands, body weight, and dumbbells to burn fat, shred your abs, and tone muscles in SSL's athletic take on bootcamp."

I wouldn't necessarily call this bootcamp but I do recommend trying it out. After class Iy chatted with the instructor, and apologized again for being late, and he mentioned there were a few other classes. I'm very interested in trying out the speed class (remember that race I'm "training" for?).

Have you taken any classes at Soho Strength Lab? What did you think?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment