Monday, February 24, 2014

Classtivity Passport Class 7: Your Movement Wellness Center

[Source]
Yes I know I have not posted in a while. Between work and life, things got crazy! But I'm back and am excited to finish telling you about my Classtivity experience and how training is going (spoiler: not well). 

This class was called Whole Body Toning and it was only about 35-40 minutes long. It was over on the East side so I headed down after work. I got there a little early so hung out for a bit.Similar to Yoga Vida, Classtivity did NOT mention there was a fee for mats but they were nice enough to wave it after I told them that. 

The instructor had a lot of energy and seemed to enjoy what she did. The class lived up to its' name and we toned out whole bodies. We used resistance bands and weights throughout the class. 

The instructor had us start standing up to do a leg series. We did lunges, squats, pulsed moves out and more. Next was arms and abs. The class was split up pretty evenly which I liked and we even combined a few moves to target arms/abs, etc. We mostly used the weights for the arm series and a little for the abs. My arms were on fire during this section! We finished out with a nice stretching sequence. 

Here is the description Classtivity put in my calendar:

"Whole Body Toning is an aerobic strength training class with slight variations adapted from weight lifting and power lifting. The resistance training exercises help you to increase muscle tone and bone strength considerably. The root of strength training involves the altering of repetitions, exercises, tempo and sets, which will increase your strength on overloading of your muscle groups. The joints are very important in weight training and bear heavy loads, we help protect your joints by a steady increase of weight with respect to time!"

Overall it was a good class. I wouldn't say it was great or that I'd go back, but it was a good 40 minute workout after work. I really liked how up how upbeat the instructor was and how loud she had the music. Loud music is always motivating to me!

Have you ever been to Your Movement Wellness Center? What did you think?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment