Monday, June 12, 2017

PR Intern Diaries: Meet Leahi


Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to grind. We had a fantastic weekend running the Mini 10K on Saturday (recap to come) and spending time with friends in the gorgeous weather.

To kick off the week, I want to introduce you to our newest intern, Leahi!

------

Hi all! My name is Leahi Camacho and I am a junior at Wagner College on Staten Island. I am originally from Hawaii but I have been loving the NYC life for the last 3 years. I started my internship at LNPR this past week and I have been loving it! I was put right into the action and it has allowed me to learn a ton of things in the first week alone.

One of the biggest things I learned this week in PR is it takes a HUGE amount of organization to stay on your A game. While it may seem obvious, it’s crazy to see how Lynette balances so many accounts. I know that it is going to take some serious organization this summer. I was also fortunate to be put on the allongeé account. I have learned a whole lot about a company and a type of exercise that I didn’t know about before. I did not realize how intense some of these dance exercises can really be. Although I am just starting out, there was a ton of information processed this week. Too much to keep to a blog post!

Hopefully in this internship I can get a really well rounded experience of what PR is all about. That is my goal. More specifically, I want to truly gain as much understanding as I can in one summer about this industry. I really think I can put my business and psych background to the test! I know that hands on experience in invaluable and I have been fortunate enough to work for a company that allows interns to do so.

Until next time!

Leahi
------

XO,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment