Wednesday, June 14, 2017

PR Intern Diaries: Jenna


Happy Wednesday! For today's PR Intern Diaries, Jenna is talking about her favorite resources. 

------

Interning in public relations involves a lot of research and finding things online. Luckily, I’ve been able to use a few resources that have really helped me out. The most useful resource for me has been Cision. Cision is an online resource for public relations practitioners that allows you to look up editors, as well as outlets, to pitch to or to invite to events. It helps you to generate lists related to your client and makes it super easy to get all their information. I’m constantly looking up emails for editors and influencers, so getting them all in one place is super helpful. I also use social media sites, like Instagram and Twitter to find contact information for editors and influencers.  I recently subscribed to the website, Help a Reporter Out, which is another must have resource. Help a Reporter Out sends emails periodically throughout the day with lists of articles reporters are writing and need sources for. It makes it easy to find placements for your clients. So far, I’ve only pitched one story from Help a Reporter Out but I’m sure I’ll be using it a lot in the future. 

In the future I’m sure that I’m going to continue to utilize these resources. Once I’m officially working in PR I know that I’ll be finding editors to pitch to all the time of of them. I also started reading a website, after Lynette shared it with me, called PR Couture. The website gives a lot of tips and insight into the world of public relations. It even has a section that shows available jobs in PR. I definitely want to keep reading and stay up to date with PR Couture to get all the information that I can. 
------

XO,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment