Monday, May 15, 2017

PR Intern Diaries: Meet Jenna


Happy Monday everyone! It's only natural that the weekend flies by when you have a race in Brooklyn the next and a million things on your to-do list in between. Fortunately, Lynette Nicole PR has a new summer intern who is eager to learn about PR and assist with day-to-day activities. 

It's time to meet Jenna! 
------
Hey everyone! My name is Jenna and I’m Lynette’s new summer intern at Lynette Nicole PR. I’m a rising junior at the Pennsylvania State University majoring in public relations with a minor in digital media analytics. This is my first internship ever and I’m really excited to break into the world of PR!

This week I learned the importance of relationships in public relations. On Wednesday, Lynette threw an editor event showcasing one of her clients, Yo Yoga!, summer yoga deck. From what I noticed, everything about the event really came down to having great relationships with those you work with. Lynette was able to get the all of the food for the event sponsored thanks to referrals by people she’s worked with before and by forging new relationships with new food vendors. I also got to see how relationships with the press are (obviously) very important. Lynette was able to get a great number of editors and writers to the event, filling the entire deck, because of her great relationships.

Keeping a good work, health and wellness balance is really important. It’s something that Lynette takes really seriously. Although we had a very chaotic Wednesday, and weren’t able to grab a green juice or head to a yoga studio, I still learned about wellness this week. This week I learned how important it is, despite how busy you are, to still give yourself some down time to recuperate so you don’t wear yourself out.

I’m really excited for my first internship ever at Lynette Nicole PR. From this internship I really hope to learn about practitioner and client relations, as I can see how closely Lynette works with all of her clients and how dedicated she is to all of them.
------

Stay tuned every Monday to hear more from Jenna!

Xo,
Lynette 

No comments:

Post a Comment