Monday, July 20, 2015

Stress-Free Summer

Summer is supposed to be carefree, No stress, drinks on the roof, outdoor yoga, etc. But sometimes, stress happens. Working in PR, it's hard to secure placements when many editors take vacations during the warmer months. Other times it's having too much to do. Others it's not having enough. But, whatever is causing your summer to be anything less than amazing can be fixed! I think there are 2 ways. 

First, take a vacation! I don't think I've gone away in the past 4 years as I have in the past few months. From Conn., to upstate New York to my share house in the Hamptons, getting away from the city helps me stay sane and focused on all of the things I have been working on. 


Whether it's a weekend with friends or strangers, there was non-stop laughing and fun which is exactly how it should be.

If you can't go on a weekend getaway, consider coloring. Yes, I know this blog is for adults. The American Lung Association recommends coloring as one of 52 stress reducers. I received a few copies and I have to say, it's quite relaxing.  The Mandala Coloring BookThe Art of Nature Coloring BookStress Less Coloring: Mosaic Patterns, and Stress Less Coloring: Paisley Patterns, are all great options. 


The intricate patterns make for great custom artwork for your apartment. 

Even though summer is halfway over, it's not too late to book a last minute house or grab some colored pencils!

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment