Monday, July 27, 2015

Staten Island Half Training Week 1

Apparently it's already only 12 weeks until the Staten Island Half Marathon. Time is flying! This training cycle I am definitely going to be paying attention to what my body is saying, especially my knee. I've looked up a few training plans and will be adapting them to what I feel will be effective- most likely less runs and more cross training like boxing, Pilates and spin. 

Here's what I did this week:


Monday: Boxing at Overthrow NYC


Wednesday: Levo League Networkout with Miss Motivational

Friday: Spin at Peloton

Saturday: Pilates at TONE


Sunday: 3 mile run

The only thing I feared this week was my run. Fortunately it went as good as it could. I haven't really ran since the Queens 10K and haven't turned my Garmin on since February. I had my knee wrapped in an ace bandage for added support and got to use my new Sol Republic headphones. 

I use the RELAYS SPORT with a patented FreeFlex™ technology that makes sure the fit is secure so they don't move during my run. 

While it wasn't a fast run, I did negative split (although I took some breathers at some red lights) and realized I'm not as out of shape as I anticipated. While that sub-2 is still on my mind, I'm more about redeeming myself from this horrible spring season. I'll be continuing my Fitreserve membership throughout the rest of the training season to ensure I'm healthy and prepared. 

Next week includes some boxing at Overthrow, Pilates at Uptown Pilates and a fun workout for the New Balance Girls Night Out. On Saturday I'll be a Women's Health event in Montauk so hopefully I'll get a nice 4-milers in when I get back on Sunday. 

What are you training for? How's it going?

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment