Friday, March 6, 2015

Home Stretch

Winter is not showing any signs of disappearing yet it's already almost time for my spring half marathon! 

With a little help from my friends at Fit Reserve, I was actually able to keep my fitness level up all winter unlike last year and only getting 3 training runs in for the NYC Half. Unfortunately, while I had that sub-2 goal in mind, I don't think I will hit it which is why I'm moving it to the Brooklyn or Staten Island half so I know I don't have to worry about training through the winter. For me it's the right decision. For Michelob, nice and steady to the beer!

I got a lot of workouts in this week including Mile High Run Club, Peloton and some strength at home. My last long run is 11 miles on Sunday then it's taper town! Next weekend I'm volunteering for the NYC Half in the med tent and have 6 miles on the schedule. I do want to incorporate some extra yoga and spinning in the mix to get me ready for the 21st. 

I put my name in for the NYC Marathon lottery and of course didn't get in for the second year in a row. Which is fine because I already planned on doing 9+1 for 2016 but it just seems so far away! I am happy to announce that I will be running the More/Fitness Half Marathon again on behalf of Fitness magazine (yes, I know they folded). Look out for more information in the coming weeks on who's going to be there and some training ideas. Women's Health's newest Fit Star has a few great tips for you!

Have a happy and safe weekend!

xo,
Lynette


No comments:

Post a Comment