Thursday, January 10, 2019

PR Intern Diaries: Meet Ramsha


Happy New Year! I hope everyone is ready for a great 2019. I'm working on a new post however wanted to introduce you to Lynette Nicole PR's winter intern, Ramsha! 

---
Hello everyone! My name is Ramsha Khan and I am Lynette’s intern for the 2019 winter-spring semester. I am a senior at the University of Connecticut, majoring in communication with a focus in public relations and a minor in information technology. This is my second internship in the public relations industry but the first internship in the health and wellness sector.

One of the things that I learned about public relations this week is that it is important to ask questions. It seems like such a basic concept, but I had this realization this week after a rough day. It seemed like everything that I did was going wrong and it was pretty disheartening. I apologize to Lynette and she just gave me a smile and said, “It’s alright. It happens”. As I left to go home, I realized that this is an internship. I am an intern. I cannot be expected to know everything. Therefore, I need to ask questions. It would be a disservice to myself if I don’t, because these next few months are going to be a learning experience.

One of the things that I learned about health and wellness is how innovation the consumer aspect of it is. One of the assignments that I had to complete this week was researching the stories and editors that covered the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show. There are so many technical innovations from new high tech new infusers to and app that can check your blood pressure.  

What I am most looking forward to learning during my time a Lynette Nicole PR, is just becoming media savvy. I had the opportunity to draft a pitch for an editor and it’s only my fourth day here! I am already on the right path. Hopefully, by the end of my time here I will have forged a media relationship or two that will help me further my career.
---

XO,
Lynette 

No comments:

Post a Comment