Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Adore Your Core


Just under a year ago, I got certified to teach mat Pilates through Core Pilates NYC. Unlike my nutrition certification, I am actually using this one! I teach in Tribeca, at Do Yoga, Do Pilates, on Tuesdays at 12:30 PM and Thursdays at 6:30 PM. 

Those unfamiliar with Pilates tend to be scared and stay away but there are so many benefits to take advantage of. 


I am trained in the classical method which was organized by Joseph Pilates in the 1920's. What is Pilates exactly? Similar to yoga, its a combination of physical and mental exercises that utilize stretches and breathing, but have a strong focus on strengthening the core, which is the most vital part of the body. 

Pilates is not just a core workout however, strong abs can cause:

  • Improved posture
  • Reduced lower back pain
  • Better balance and stability
  • Better sports performance 
  • Reduced injury risk
  • Better sex (if you remember to engage your pelvic floor during each class)
  • Increased flexibility
  • Your inner organs and central nervous system in place
  • Easier breathing

As I re-brand the blog, I will be digging deeper into Pilates and its benefits. 

Looking forward to going on this journey with you! 

xo,
Lynette 

No comments:

Post a Comment