Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Running & Life Lessons

[Credit: Imgrum]
After a not-so-wonderful Saturday night, I spent all of Sunday sleeping, woke up to get some work done, then went back to sleep. I felt pretty crappy- physically and emotionally. Even though it's been a few years since I lost the weight I put on those last two years in college, I still haven't quite figured out that certain drinks can and will effect me differently now. 

After basically embarrassing myself (and countless others), I woke up Monday and realized nights like that are like not-so-great training runs. They will not ruin your life, just like a bad training run will not destroy your race. 

One of the great things about running is the lessons you learn that can be applicable to other parts of your life. 


[Credit: The Running Mormon]
Running teaches you to keep going even when things get hard and you feel like you're going to go down. 

That hard work and determination will reward you. 

To look forward instead of looking behind you, because then you will go down. 

That one rough training session is not going to make or break the end result. 


[Credit: Quotesgram]
So the next time you want to go into hiding, remember that you bounced back from that awful run and you'll eventually get over it all. 

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment