Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Uplifted Long After Surgery

[Old photo]
This is a short post but I had to share. I went back to Uplift Studios for the last weekend of their happy hour specials. If you remember, the last time I look a class here was right after I had surgery on my neck and I thought it was the hardest thing ever. That's what you get for taking a cardio class after 2 weeks of no workouts right?

Since Kat came to meet me for coffee and carbs on Sunday and I had a new abundance of free time, I thought why not. Same as in May, her Uplifting Cardio class was awesome and I was able to keep up and do more this time!

My burpees are getting better and I completed 95% of the arm work. If you've read previous posts, you might know that's an area I tend to avoid/forget/never prioritize. What I love about this class is she never repeats moves. Each song is something different until the last one were she recaps all the moves we've done. 

[Just so there's some photos!]
I also spent a lot of time checking myself out in the mirror  Not because I looked super sexy, but so I could focus on my form. I've noticed during yoga I haven't been paying close attention to the placement of my feet, knees, elbows and such. I want to make sure my form is correct so I don't get injured and I work my muscles to their fullest extent. 

Kat also decided to give me a little shout out at the end of class which led some new people to my blog. I also met a new friend Evann after class. Check her out here. We bonded over our love for fitness blogs and studio classes. I really look forward to getting to know her better and hopefully take some classes together. She also suggested I check out Classtivity

That's the end of my post. I survived another post-surgery Uplift class and was so proud I could keep up this time I had to share :)

Xo,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment